GCSE Mathematics (8300)
Welcome to the resource hub for AQA GCSE Maths!
The specification can be found on the AQA website.
We have a suite of resources to support you in planning, teaching and assessing this qualification.
Our GCSE Maths Handy links resource guide has links to all our resources in one place, or use the menu on the left hand side to navigate straight to the section you need.
Past papers and practice papers
Question papers, mark schemes and reports on the exam from previous exam series are available for you to use as mock exams or for exam practice.
Support for mock exams
We provide mock exam analysers to help you evaluate students' performance in mock exams.
The teaching guidance is written by senior examiners and provides comprehensive guidance on each topic within the specification, including example questions.
Customisable route maps
Plan your teaching of the course with our interactive, customisable route maps. These contain links to supporting resources such as lesson plans, activities, worksheets and homework sheets for Foundation tier and Higher tier.
Route maps are available for teaching both tiers over two or three years, as well as a one-year route map specifically tailored for resit students.
We also have Powerpoint versions available for use offline.
Other popular resources:
- The topics list for GCSE Maths, which contains links to the supporting resources available for each topic
- Topic tests for all topics
- Basic skills questions to help identify gaps at the start of a resit course
- Common questions to support your tiering decisions
- , based on our past papers, with adjusted numbers and scenarios to provide further unseen practice
- Exploring common misunderstandings in GCSE Maths, how to read and approach maths questions and avoid common mistakes
- Support for problem solving and reasoning
- 90 problem solving questions: problem solving guidance
- Revision checklists for Foundation and Higher tiers
- Support for teaching GCSE Maths as a resit to post-16 students
- Formulae poster - display it in your classroom to help students learn the formulae they will need to know in their exam
- Problem solving poster – display it in your classroom as a prompt for tackling problem solving questions
- Tips poster – 10 tips for avoiding common pitfalls in your GCSE Maths exams
- extra multiple choice questions on Craig Barton's Diagnostic Questions, multiple-choice quizzes are available for each of the topics on our route maps.