GCSE Mathematics (8300)
The full specification for GCSE Mathematics (8300), along with specimen question papers and mark schemes, can be found on the AQA website.
We have a suite of resources to support you in teaching, planning and assessing this qualification.
Autumn 2020 exam papers
Once papers from the autumn series have been used, they’ll be available on All About Maths as usual, so you can use them in your mock exams later this year and early 2021.
Please do not share these papers outside of your classroom/virtual class room. This is to make sure that other teachers can still use them as unseen papers for mocks. So we’d like to remind exams officers and teachers that materials on AAM are:
- the copyright of AQA
- only to be used for its specified purpose
- not to be shared on any website (including school websites) or social media sites
- not to be passed outside of your school or college.
If you’ve previously shared 2019 or 2020 question papers / mark schemes on any website, social media platform or video sharing site, please remove them immediately.
Any use of these materials which compromises the confidentiality of a live assessment will be taken extremely seriously and may be treated as malpractice. This includes offering solutions, partial solutions or comments on a website or elsewhere.
Past papers and practice papers
Question papers, mark schemes and reports on the exam from previous exam series are available for you to use as mock exams or for exam practice.
You can also download four sets of exam quality practice papers.
Other useful resources include:
- Topic tests for all topics in the specification
- Revision checklists for Foundation and Higher tiers
- Formulae poster - display it in your classroom to help students learn the formulae they will need to know in their exams
- Basic skills questions to help identify gaps at the start of a resit course
Support for mock exams
We provide mock exam analysers to help you evaluate students' perfomance in mock exams.
Marking guidance is provided in a free training webinar with Head of Curriculum Andrew Taylor – available on demand. Watch the webinar and find out how to use the mark scheme and apply it consistently.
Teaching and planning resources
Customisable route maps
Plan your teaching of the course with our interactive, customisable route maps. Route maps are available for teaching both tiers over three or two years, as well as a one-year route map specifically tailored for resit students.
The teaching guidance is written by senior examiners and provides comprehensive guidance on each topic within the specification, including example questions.
Use our e-library to find useful and interesting resources for GCSE Maths from accross the web.
Other useful resources include:
- problem solving guidance to support teaching and preparation for the new GCSE's increased focus on problem-solving.
- extra multiple choice questions on Craig Barton's Diagnostic Questions - multiple-choice quizzes are available for each of the topics on our route maps.
- lesson plans, activities, worksheets and homework sheets for Foundation tier and Higher tier