Level 2 Certificate in Further Mathematics (8365)
- Specification and Specimen papers
- Past papers
- 5-9 grading
- Two, equally weighted, papers (1h 45 and 80 marks each).
AQA Level 2 Certificate in Further Maths is a unique qualification designed to stretch and challenge high achieving mathematicians who
- either already have, or are expected to achieve the top grades in GCSE Mathematics
- are likely to progress to A-level study in Mathematics and possibly Further Mathematics
It complements GCSE Maths by encouraging students' higher Mathematical skills, particularly algebraic reasoning. It builds on the Key Stage 4 curriculum and is intended as an additional qualification to GCSE Mathematics, rather than as a replacement. It doesn't infringe upon AS Level Maths but does help students prepare for the extra rigour required in further studies at Level 3.
Changes from the legacy specification
- Content changes from legacy specification are relatively small - Rationale for changes
- extensions to existing content which allow for more variation and depth to the questions in the exams.
- There is a Changes to Specification content document
- some existing content was beyond the legacy GCSE but is now included in the current GCSE.