Level 1 and 2 Functional Skills in Mathematics (8361/8362)
- Specification and Specimen papers
- Past papers
- Two papers:
- Paper 1: Non-calculator (30 minutes, 20 marks, weighted at 25%).
- Paper 2: Calculator (1 hour 30 minutes, 60 marks, weighted at 75%).
- 4 series per year - January, March, June, November
- Pass/Fail Award
These Functional Skills qualifications are a stepping stone to a pass at GCSE Maths. They've been carefully designed to prepare learners for life and work, while creating a stepping stone to further studies. They are co-teachable with our GCSE Mathematics. They take a real-life approach to learning, with problem-solving questions about personal finance, planning and organising activities and the world of work. This approach gives teachers the freedom to explore real maths with their students, for example through learning how to set a budget, organise an event and calculate quantities for a project.
- The content includes:
- using numbers and the number system
- using common measures, shape and space
- handling information and data.