Level 3 Mathematical Studies (Core Maths)
Level 3 Mathematical Studies is a qualification designed for students who have achieved a grade 4 or above at GCSE.
The full specification and specimen assessment materials are available on the AQA website.
It can support the teaching of other A-level subjects and a comparison of content within other subjects is available as well as a bank of questions which assess some of this content. Presentations from our Launch and Preparing to Teach meetings are also available.Preliminary material for the exams will be available on eAQA from 1 March each year.
Past papers, mark schemes and reports on the exam
Question papers, mark schemes and reports on the exam from previous exam series are available for you to use as mock exams or for exam practice.
Practice papers (December 2015)
Route map guidance
- Route maps run in PowerPoint. To get you started we've populated fields with a suggested route through the content, but you can rearrange them to suit your teaching.
- When viewing slides in 'normal' view, you can move the topic tiles and holiday dates.
- For the optional content, you can 'drag' the option you’re teaching from the right hand side.
- Each topic slide lists the scope of the topic (as per the specification) with links to resources.
- When run as a slideshow, you can link from the 'calendar' pages to the topic slides and into the relevant area of All About Maths.
You can also download lesson plans, activities and worksheets to support your teaching of this qualification.