AS and A-level Maths Teaching guidance
The Teaching guidance has been written to accompany the AS and A-level Maths specification and will help you plan your teaching.
For each topic within the specification content, the Teaching guidance:
- clarifies how we have interpreted the content
- explains what students should be able to do to meet the requirements of the topic
- defines which content appears in the AS and which is A-level only
- provides example questions to demonstrate how content may be assessed
- supports teachers in delivering new or unfamiliar content.
The Teaching guidance can be used alongside our Route Maps to assist with planning.
We have reviewed and updated the A-level Maths Teaching Guidance for September 2019 and Version 3.0 is now available. You can use the tracker below to identify the changes.